The Business Management Degree prepares students to compete for management positions in a highly competitive global economy. Study Business Management to become flexible, adaptable, and successful in pursuing careers in management. The Business Management Degree stresses three key components.
- Business Sense - by learning the cross-functional environment in which businesses operate.
- Critical Skills - in the important business functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling, but in other areas as well, such as: interpersonal communication, teamwork, critical thinking, and change management.
- Emphasizing contemporary business issues - through core and elective courses that promote a solid foundation in both theory and practice of effective and efficient management principles, organizational change and development practices, and the theory and practice of effectively addressing social, ethical, and moral issues when evaluating and formulating business decisions, and business strategy and policy.
Business Management Degree students will be able to:
- Analyze leadership and management practices in organizations.
- Assess and evaluate effective management and leadership behaviors and their resultant ethical and social implications in professional practice.
- Demonstrate financial planning concepts and skills.
- Evaluate ethical and social implications in personal and professional organizational situations and practices.
- Advocate consistent organizational values by describing and bringing together a group of complex values, resolving conflicts between them, and building an internally consistent value system.
- Articulate how organizational policy and strategy impacts the local and global community.
Accelerated degree completion
- Earning eight (8) credits in eight (8) weeks.
- Transferring credits from other regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- Requesting credit for knowledge gained outside the classroom through work or professional experience.
- Successfully completing CLEP or DANTES tests.
- Participating in certified learning.