The online criminal justice bachelor degree is based on the belief that social policy, decision-making, and reform in modern law enforcement require a broad academic experience. You'll learn from experienced criminal justice professionals and engage in innovative thinking, including theoretical foundations of the discipline, and explore appropriate research methods and principles applicable to the administration of the criminal justice field.
Union Institute & University’s criminal justice management degree program prepares you for advancement to supervisory, management, and executive positions within the criminal justice system. Designed by criminal justice experts who have worked in the field as line employees, support personnel, supervisors, managers, and executives, the criminal justice management degree program is well-suited for law enforcement personnel who want to see theory applied to real world experience. As a management degree, the program focuses on organizational management responses to policies, programs, personnel, and technology.
Online Criminal Justice Degree Program Benefits
Unique Benefits of our criminal justice management degree program include:
- Program developed by professional law enforcement for law enforcement personnel.
- Personal attention from a faculty advisor and staff who understand your academic and scheduling needs.
- Transfer up to 32 semester units from Basic POST & FDLE training.
- Transfer up to 30 additional semester units for training beyond the academy training through Union Institute & University's certified learning method.
- Option to earn college credits through CLEP, DANTES, Challenge Exams, prior learning assessment, and credits recommended by ACE though military training.
- Network with Union Institute & University national community of law enforcement personnel who have served throughout the country.
- Financial aid available to those who qualify.
Criminal Justice Degree Jobs
- Line personnel
- Law enforcement supervisors
- Law enforcement managers
- Law enforcement executives
- Law enforcement professional staff
Graduates of this program have gone on to serve as sergeants, lieutenants, captains, sheriffs, and chiefs of police.
Criminal Justice Management students will learn to:
- Compare, contrast contemporary techniques for supervision, leadership and administration within a criminal justice organization.
- Summarize and interpret how current issues in the field of criminal justice impact organizations, personnel, and other stakeholders.
- Interpret applied ethical theories in a contemporary environment.
- Analyze and critique criminal justice policy and service delivery from a management point of view.
Nationwide POST Evaluations
Union Institute & University's criminal justice degree program offers course credit for POST evaluations from all 50 states. View the complete list of transferable credits hours (PDF, 182kB). Please note that an additional 12 credit hours are awarded for 1 year FTO/Field Training Internship. Union Institute & University has dozens of additional transfer credit options and tuition agreements that you may also qualify to receive.