The Education concentration is designed for those wishing to earn a bachelor's degree while exploring issues in education through an interdisciplinary approach. In contrast to a standard bachelor's degree in education, UI&U's Bachelor of Arts degree program offers a broader spectrum of study for current and future educators.
Education studies encompass a variety of topics in the social, psychological, political, cultural, and economic dimensions of education. A primary area of focus is the complex relationship between the purposes and effects of schooling. Education is a non-licensure concentration. Students pursuing licensure must concentrate in an academic field aligned with their prospective teaching career.
Recent Student Studies
- The role of schools in a diverse democracy
- Tensions around equality of opportunity, universal access, and elite education
- Effective approaches to teaching and learning for multiple learning styles
- Testing and content mastery approaches compared to progressive education approaches
- The effects of local, state, and federal policy on student achievement