The Leadership Program is a popular field of study that examines the complexity of organizations and world dynamics and shows students how to lead an organization through these complexities in the most meaningful and just way.
Our program for leadership development trains more effective leaders who are making a positive difference. The Leadership Program will enable students to acquire and relate knowledge leading to the B.S. degree. It is a faculty-mentored/ student-designed multidisciplinary major grounded in leadership studies and chosen career path. This track is designed to provide a pathway to degree completion for prospective students who are interested in the academic foundation of leadership.
Students who choose the Leadership Program may complete a Sport Management concentration. Sport Management focuses on the administrative, legal, ethical, and financial aspects of leadership in the sports field.
Leadership Program graduates will be able to:
- Identify various concepts of change as it relates to leadership in the professional environment.
- Analyze a variety of concepts and theories of leadership within their own professional practice experiences.
- Discuss and evaluate effective management and leadership behaviors and their implications in professional practice.
- Describe the connections between ethics and leadership, and relate ethical principles to issues in their chosen practice.
Accelerated Leadership Program
- Minimum credit hours: 48
- Earning eight (8) credits in eight (8) weeks
- Transferring credits from other regionally accredited colleges and universities
- Requesting credit for knowledge gained outside the classroom through work or professional experience
- Successfully completing CLEP or DANTES tests
- Participating in certified learning