The Union Institute & University Continuing Education Program provides high quality educational experiences for psychologists and other professionals in the mental health fields in the greater Cincinnati and Brattleboro areas, as well as those at a distance. These training workshops are offered throughout the year, both on-ground and online. The Continuing Education Program is directly managed by the Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) with a concentration in clinical psychology program and is designed to promote and support lifelong learning for psychologists.
The program’s specific goals are consistent with the larger university’s goals and with APA CE sponsor guidelines, which include the following.
- Provide learning activities specific to professional psychology that integrate practice, education and science.
- Provide opportunities for psychologists to acquire new knowledge, skill and competencies in current, newly developed, and emerging research, theories and practices.
- Provide learning activities specifically pertaining to advancing professionals’ understanding and skill in the areas of social relevance, social justice, and cultural competency, enabling them to expand their roles in the public and private sectors of society.
Spring 2014 Psychology Workshop Series: Applications of Evidence-based Practices
Cincinnati Academic Center
Cost: Half-day Early $65 / $75 ; Full-day Early $130 / $145
(Early: 30 days prior to event)
Light snacks and drinks provided
Lunch on you own (additional $12.50 for boxed lunch if preordered)
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
Presented by Richard Sears, PsyD, MBA, ABPP*
Friday, May 9, 2014
8:30am – 4:00pm
6 CE credits
The Competent and Ethical Practice of Clinical Supervision
Presented by Jennifer Ossege, PsyD and Joy McGhee, PsyD*
Saturday, May 31, 2014
8:30am – 4:00pm
6 CE credits
Dissociative Disorders: An overview of Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment
Presented by Jaime B. Willis, PsyD
Friday, June 6, 2014
3 CE Credits
* Drs. Sears, Ossege and McGhee are Union Institute & University PsyD faculty members.
Union Institute & University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Union Institute & University maintains responsibility for these programs and their content.
- Those who attend a workshop and complete the Union Institute & University evaluation form will receive the CE credits as designated for the workshop. Please note that credit will only be granted to those who attend the entire workshop. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time or leave before the workshop is completed will not receive CE credit.
- Upon receiving a written request, refunds will be offered up to 30 days prior to an event, minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds will be offered after that time. In the event that a workshop is cancelled, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Grievances about any of the workshops may be addressed to Union Institute & University CE Program in writing and submitted to CE@myunion.edu.
For further information about the CE Program, please contact Union Institute & University Continuing Education Program at:
Phone: (802) 254-0152 x8401
Fax: (802) 257-0682