Rigorous │ Relevant │ Results-Oriented
Union Institute & University’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is an online, 12-month, innovative, results-oriented program designed to prepare emerging leaders to:
- build capacity and develop leadership skills
- develop a productive network to assist you in your profession
- integrate your new knowledge into applicable actions
Union’s MSOL prepares you to be a leader in a diverse and intercultural world, confront challenging organizational situations, understand the economic, political, and social factors creating them, and devise advanced, equitable, and sustainable solutions.
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership is a 36 credit-hour program designed for those from public, private, nonprofit, government, and social enterprises who are ready to take the next step in their careers or re-invent their futures.
Master's in Organizational Leadership Program Introduction
Contemporary organizations function in an interdependent global arena whether for-profit businesses, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, benefit corporations, or social enterprises.
Critical to organizational success is the ability for leaders to:
- Collaboratively lead a talented diverse workforce
- Make well-informed ethical decisions
- Build and implement sustainable solutions to complex issues
- Balance organizational innovation and success with social innovation and well-being
Building upon one’s professional expertise and experience, Union’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) degree is an interdisciplinary program providing professionals with knowledge of current trends and practices in entrepreneurial leadership and socially responsive organizational behavior while developing their skillset to innovatively lead high-performing organizational operations in a challenging global social and business arena.
The MSOL program’s overarching theme is to impart entrepreneurial solution-building leadership in a global environment.
The MSOL program expands a professional’s capacity to be and act as an entrepreneurial, socially responsive leader, and to refine practical leadership skills, including collaborative management, communication, discernment, problem-solving, decision-making, and innovation while applying learning and development to a particular professional context.
Master's in Organizational Leadership Highlights
- The three-semester program can be completed in 12 months.
- Three leadership modules
- Innovative Leadership
- Networking Leadership
- Analytical Leadership
- The cohort model creates a vibrant learning community.
- The online format provides flexibility for today’s working adult.
- Leadership mentors work with students from their chosen profession.
- Students prepare professional portfolios.
The MSOL program enables students to:
- Develop systemic and integrative thinking skills
- Expand innovative and critical thinking skills required to lead in demanding settings
- Enhance innovative and sustainable solution-building skills
- Create socially responsive decision-making skills
- Advance collaborative and networking abilities
- Improve cultural sensitivity
- Foster a foundation of ethics and justice