Original Strategic Plan Goals
Fulfill Objective 1.1.1 of 2005 Strategic Plan: Create a cross-institutional assessment committee to coordinate and oversee academic assessment activities across the institution.
Establish a nine-member Assessment Advisory Board, which accepts responsibility for the following tasks:
- Address university-wide issues.
- Articulate guiding principles.
- Ensure university-wide alignment and integration.
- Encourage results that will be used internally to improve programs and enhance planning processes.
- Develop and carry-out four-year assessment cycle.
- Plan and oversee annual assessment of university learning outcomes.
- Develop university-wide assessment program.
- Conduct university-wide inventory of current assessment activity.
- Develop university-wide flow chart.
- Articulate outcomes and competencies for majors/ areas of concentration.
- Define responsibilities of individuals, offices, and divisions.
- Incorporate information literacy assessment initiated by UI&U Library staff.
- Conduct Faculty Development Workshops.
- National faculty meeting every fall.
- Regional center workshops.
- Individual faculty residencies.