- Ph.D., Teaching and Teacher Education with Concentration in Early Childhood Education, University of Arizona
- M.A., Teaching English as a Second Language, St. Michaels's College, VT
- B.A., English and History, Texas Woman's University
Marie Morrison Hughes and Her Model of Education for a Democratic Society
Areas of Specialization and Interest:
- Curriculum development based on the cultures and interests of students
- Multi-age teaching and learning; teacher/student relationships; creativity in education
- Teacher narratives as a process for change; and the lives of women educators.