- Ph.D., English, Miami University, 2005
- M.A., English, University of Kentucky, 1999
- B.A., English & German Education, summa cum laude, University of Kentucky, 1997
Teaching Experience/Academic Appointments:
Full-time Faculty, Interdisciplinary Studies/Humanities, Union Institute & University, since 2007
- Visiting Assistant Professor of English, Miami University, 2004-2007
- Teaching Associate, Miami University, 1999-2003
- Teaching Assistant, University of Kentucky, 1997-1999
Embattled Homefronts: Domestic Politics and the American Novel of World War I.
Amsterdam/New York: Rodopi: forthcoming (2008)
- "The Green Corn Rebellion and 1930s Literary Radicalism: An Introduction." The Green Corn Rebellion by William Cunningham. Ed. Wayne Wolf. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2007: forthcoming.
"'A Tiger's Leap Into the Past': On the 'Historical,' 'Unhistorical,' and 'Suprahistorical' in Walter Benjamin's 'Theses on the Philosophy of History'," New German Review 20 (2005): 41-59.
- "War as Feminist Utopia in Dorothy Canfield Fisher's "Home Fires in France" and Gertrude Atherton's The White Morning, Women's Studies 34.2 (2005):159 89.
Recent Professional Activities
- "Business as Usual: Redomesticating the New Woman in Henry Sydnor Harrison's Saint Teresa(1922)." National PCA/ACA Conference. Panel: "Business/Corporate
Culture." New Orleans, LA. April 2009.
- "'You Come from the Future': Postmodern Counternarratives in Don DeLillo's Mao II."
Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture Since 1900. Louisville, KY. 21. February 2009.
- "'A Life Like a Movie-Film': Romantic Longings for War in Willa Cather's One of Ours." ACLA National Conference. Panel: "Home Fronts, 1850-1950." Long Beach, CA. 27. April 2008.
- "'The War to End all Wars': Hopes of Racial Concilation in Victor Daly's Not Only War." CEA National Conference. Panel: "PAX Perfect: Passages." St. Louis, MO. 28. March 2008.
- Chair, Humanities and Society Subcommittee, Interdisciplinary Studies, UI&U, 2009-2010.
- Co-Chair, Assessment Committee, Interdisciplinary Studies, UI&U, 2007-present.
- Member, Assessment Coordination Team, Union Institute & University, 2007-present.
Honors, Awards, and Grants
- Honorary Mention, James R. Bennett Award for Literature and Peace, College English Association, 2008.
- Spiro Peterson Award for Excellence in Scholarship & Teaching, Miami University, 2004.
- Academic Challenge Dissertation Fellowship, Miami University, 2003-2004.