email@example.com | 1-800-486-3116 x2170
Union Institute & University offers career development for all students and alumni that is aligned with an academic philosophy and educational process that focuses on life planning and career preparation and advancement. The Office of Student Success works with each student to be forward thinking regarding career aspirations and to develop his/her:
- Self-awareness related to career choice by identifying, assessing, and understanding their competencies, interests, values, and personal characteristics.
- Qualities, such as image, confidence, and integrity.
- Relationship building and networking skills development.
- Capabilities, qualities, skills, and style in tune with his/her personality and career interests.
- Perspectives, ingenuity, and courage for the 21st century global organizational manager and workplace member.
- Thinking about and building a skill set that enables him/her to work across professional fields with diverse professionals to innovatively address complex issues, make strategic and sustainable decisions, and build visionary solutions and implement them.
- Ability to be a “value-add” to organizations.
- Ability to be adaptable and develop one’s professional qualities and skill set over the life of one’s career.
Career Counselor: Stefanie Macias
Career Services provides resources to assist students in all phases of the career planning process to include but not limited to:
- Interview techniques
- Resume writing
- Career day
- Strength/weakness inventories
- Occupation information
- Corporate partnerships
- Internship placement
- Job connections
- Job search skills
- Self-promotion techniques
- Professional image building
- Diversity resources
- Grad school planning & advising